Officially Brain Burst 2039 (ブレインバースト2039, Burein Bāsuto 2039), also known by its filename
BB2039.exe, is a secret application which allows a person to make time seemingly stop by "accelerating" their brainwaves.
The creator of the Brain Burst program is still unknown, but it is widely believed by many Burst Linkers that once a player reaches level 10, they will be introduced to the creator and will learn all the secrets about the Brain Burst program.
Install Brain Burst Edit
In order to install the Brain Burst program, the person needs to be invited by another Burst Linker and be sent an invitation through the Neuro Linker. This can only be done once for each Linker, meaning that each one can invite only one player to the game. Even when the invitation fails, a different player can't be invited. There are some specific conditions for the installation to be completed successfully, which are having the Neuro Linker from birth and certain brain speed reaction. If all of the conditions are not met, then the installation fails. The Burst Linker who invited the person becomes their guardian and has a close connection with him/her.
Burst Points Edit
The times a person can accelerate are limited and depend on the number of Burst Points they have. When a Burst Linker accelerates for the first time, they start with a total of 99 Brain Burst Points. Each time the Burst Linker accelerates, they lose 1 Burst Point. However, there are other Burst Link abilities that are obtained by the Burst Linker as they level up their Duel Avatar with each of the abilities varying in cost of Burst Points. Burst Points are mainly earned by fighting and defeating other Burst Linkers in the program’s online multiplayer fighting game, but can also been earned by defeating The Enemy, but "only" 10 Brain Burst Points will be earned, which's handy for high-leveled players.
Brain Burst MatchesEdit
In order to connect to the online multiplayer fighting game of Brain Burst, the person has to be connected to the network via his/her Neuro Linker. After connecting on, they are automatically added to the matchmaking list of the network where he/she connected to, where other Burst Linkers also appear on it if they are in the vicinity. Burst Linkers can then challenge others by choosing their name on the list. The fights there can be either between individuals or between pairs and teams.
Each Duel Avatar has an energy gauge that is lowered when receiving damage and is represented in blue. The special gauge that is used for special moves, which is increased when receiving damage or delivering damage or damaging field objects, is represented in green. Each battle has a time limit of 1800 seconds unless they are in the Unlimited Neutral Field. The goal is to decrease your opponent's energy gauge down to zero to win the match. If time runs out, whoever of the two combatants has the higher health points is indicated as the winner. If the two Burst Linkers are the same level, losing a battle causes the Linker’s points to reduce by 10 and the winner gains 10 points.
Uninstallment of Brain BurstEdit
Whenever a Burst Linker's points are reduced to zero, the Brain Burst program automatically uninstalls from the Neuro Linker and the person's memories pertaining to it are completely erased. Once the program is uninstalled, it is unable to be reinstalled onto the Neuro Linker.
The Brain Burst program can also be uninstalled by free will of the player if he/she wanted to.
- Brain Burst requires that the person has the Neuro Linker from birth. It has been stated that Neuro Linkers exist for 15 years now. This means that there are no adult Burst Linkers. Kuroyukihime stated that this is the reason why Burst Link remains a secret.
- Kuroyukihime tells Haruyuki that Brain Burst crushes your reality and reconstructs it completely
- The novel states that there are around 1000 Burst Linkers.
- A Burst Linker can only give Brain Burst to one other person, regardless of the installation's success or not.
- A level 9 Burst Linker must defeat 5 other level 9 Burst Linkers in order to level up to level 10. When a Level 9 Burst Linker is defeated by another Level 9 Burst Linker, all of the losers Burst Points are lost and Brain Burst forcefully uninstalls itself from the losing party.
- This rule can be applied to Burst Linkers level 4 and above through an obtainable item in the Unlimited Neural Field.
- Once Brain Burst is uninstalled or erased, it also erases the memories of the player with it. That's one of the biggest reasons why the existence of the Accelerated World remains hidden.
- There is a forbidden command for Level 9 Burst Linkers called "Physical Full Burst" which allows them to move many times faster then normal, however at the cost of 99% of their BB Points.
- A version of Burst Linker's Fluctlight is stored in Brain Burst's main server.
- The game is Trial #2 while Accel Assault 2038 is Trial #1 and Cosmos Corrupt 2040 is Trial #3. And out of these 3 games, only Trial #2 Brain Burst 2039 still remain operating in current story timeline.